Monday, April 23, 2012

Tomorrow!!

Well, this is it! I leave for London in the morning! We picked up my passport on Friday, so I'm all set! It still hasn't hit me yet, but I'm sure once I'm driving to the airport tomorrow at 7 am it will. My mom and I did some last minute shopping at the mall this morning, and we ended up buying some Keens. We came really close to buying some Chacos, but decided that the Keens would work better :) Hopefully they hold up good in the rain! After coming home from the mall, I worked on packing and made sure my bag weighs less than 50 pounds. It costs 100 bucks to have a second checked bag, so my mom helped me pack everything into one suitcase. What would I do without her? :) I also deleted all the pictures on my camera so I could have room for more, and it was fun going through my last two years! I've made so many friends and good memories at BYU! It's weird how quickly times goes by. I also made a London playlist on my iPod of pretty random songs. It's got Zac Brown Band, Coldplay, Nicki Minaj, Rascal Flatts, Kyle Andrews, ELO, Andy Grammar, Maroon 5, Augustana, Justin Bieber, Rusted Roots, B.o.B., Mat Kearney... Plenty of good songs for the long flight! My flight from Salt Lake leaves at 9:45 am, then I have a 2 hour layover in Boston. My flight from Boston leaves at about 6:30 pm, then I'll land at the Heathrow airport in London at 6:25 am on Wednesday morning. That's the schedule if everything goes as planned. There's supposed to be a major storm in Boston tomorrow, but it looks like it'll blow over by the time I'm supposed to land. Pray for good weather! My old roomie Katherine Hart is flying out of Salt Lake with me, and then we're meeting up with a bunch of other kids in Boston. We'll all fly to London together, then once we're there, we'll take a shuttle to the London Centre. Piece of cake, right? I just hope everything goes smoothly! I'm also wondering how I'm going to stay awake for the next two days. I'm afraid I'll be like that guy on Rat Race who falls asleep standing up... but that can't really happen. Right??

On Sunday, I went to visit my grandpa in the hospital for the last time before I leave. His eyes were open and he was responding to us a little bit, but he couldn't speak, because he still had a tube in his mouth. Today, my aunt told us that he's been much more responsive. He knows what's going on around him, and he wants the tube out of his mouth. They can't take it out yet though, because I think its hooked up to the ventilator. The latest news is that the doctors found out he's got a blood clot in each leg. It would be bad news if one of the clots broke free and made its way to his heart. I wish that my grandpa was in better shape, but I'm glad I could at least go see him. Please keep my grandpa in your prayers!

I'll try and post something on Wednesday after the first day, but I don't know what the schedule's going to be like. This is it! The time for preparation is past. This time tomorrow I'll be in the air on my way to London!! Wish me luck everybody! Cheers!

  

1 comment:

  1. Jaden, I just got tingly shivers all over my body as I read this! "Is this real life?!" Yes it is!!! And freaking awesome I might add :) Love you darling!

    ReplyDelete