Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Seven Days...

     Well, the good thing is there's only seven more days till I leave for London!! The bad news is that I forgot my bad luck with the number seven. After I finished my last final yesterday, I started packing up for home and cleaning my apartment. I was having a great time listening to my Disney pandora station when my dad called me and told me that my passport wasn't going to be valid. Apparently, passports are supposed to be valid for at least six months after the time you plan to leave a foreign country. I'm still not sure why, but I think it's just in case you end up staying in the country longer than you planned. Anyway, the problem was my passport was only going to be valid for two months after! After a lot of panicking, my dad and I decided to expedite my passport, so now I should get it by Friday. The whole process was way stressful, but at least it's done now! All that's left to do is wait and pray it gets here on time. Everyone cross your fingers!! I've still got a few more things to do before I leave, so it's a good thing I've got a few days to get ready.

    After we figured out the passport stuff, my dad and I stopped in Salt Lake to see my grandpa in the hospital. Since I've been at school at BYU, I haven't had the chance to see my grandpa since his surgery on Friday. My grandpa's been battling cancer for the past 15 years, and recently he's also been having heart pains. The doctors told him that he had major heart blockage, and that he needed open heart surgery immediately. When the doctors went in for surgery, they found that the cancer had come back. My grandpa's already been through a lot, and his body's having a hard time recovering from the surgery. On top of everything, the cancer's not making things any easier. The doctors have kept him under sedation since Friday hoping that it will help his body recuperate. Even though the hospital's not a fun place to be at, I know my grandma appreciates the support, and I'm glad I could see my grandpa. We'll all keep my grandpa in our prayers, and hope that he has the strength to recover.

     On a lighter note, I'm loving being at home with my family! It's been nice just to sit back and relax and watch Braveheart with my dad. Braveheart is one of my favorite movies, and watching it is just making me more excited to go to Scotland! My sister Courtney and I are planning on going to see Hunger Games tomorrow, even though we've both already seen it. We're also planning a shopping trip to City Creek Mall before I go. Yep. Having a week at home will be nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment